Re: [Aroid-l] fertilizer

  • Subject: Re: [Aroid-l] fertilizer
  • From: Ryan Wachtl ryanwachtl@sbcglobal.net
  • Date: Fri, 16 Jun 2006 23:37:48 -0700 (PDT)

Hi Steve,
I would recommend a balanced fertilizer during the first 1/2 of the growing season and then switching to a fertilizer high in phosphorus, such as a 10-30-10 NPK ratio. Many of these fertilizers are sold as blossom booster formulas. Good for flowers, but the phosphorus is also good for the roots, or in the case of Amorphophallus, corms/tubers. You may also want to consider adding bone meal to your mix. It is a nice organic source of phosphorus and calcium.

Steve Hatfield <sehatfield@insightbb.com> wrote:
Hello all
Been pretty quiet here lately  What does everyone use to fertilize their Amorpho’s??  I started with Miracle grow potting mix with added pearlite (spelling?) so I have some fertilizer to start with but what should I use for maximum tuber growth??
Thanks Steve

Checked by AVG Free Edition.
Aroid-l mailing list

Aroid-l mailing list