[Aroid-l] Re: Wilbert Hetterscheid Lecture

  • Subject: [Aroid-l] Re: Wilbert Hetterscheid Lecture
  • From: Tony Avent tony@plantdelights.com
  • Date: Sun, 18 Jun 2006 15:42:17 -0400

Dear Aroiders:

For those that haven't heard, Wilbert Hetterscheid, aka Lord P, has agreed to present a slide lecture at Plant Delights Nursery in North Carolina this summer on Saturday August 19, 2006. We have tried for over three years to get Wilbert to agree to come, so this is truly a blessed event. Wilbert will be lecturing from 10am-noon and the title is “Everything you Want to Know about Amorphophallus, but Couldn't Ask Your Parents.” Seating is limited to the first 30 people, so the session will be very interactive. Registration is $40 each, which hopefully will help us cover the airfare. We will open the nursery for attendees and promise that you will find a nice assortment of amorphophallus for sale that are not available in the main catalog. While you are here, you also can tour the 5-acre display gardens as well as our amorphophallus collection which currently contains 72 named species. If you like arisaemas, they I should mention that arisaema guru Pascal Bruggeman will also be here. Pascal will not be making a presentation, but this will be a great chance to meet Pascal in person and chat about arisaemas. The same is true for another of the country’s great Aroid experts, Alan Galloway, who will also be on-hand for Wilbert’s presentation. If you have questions or would like to sign up, please email office@plantdelights.com

Tony Avent
Plant Delights Nursery @
Juniper Level Botanic Garden
9241 Sauls Road
Raleigh, North Carolina 27603 USA
Minimum Winter Temps 0-5 F
Maximum Summer Temps 95-105F
USDA Hardiness Zone 7b
email tony@plantdelights.com
website http://www.plantdelights.com
phone 919 772-4794
fax 919 772-4752
"I consider every plant hardy until I have killed it myself...at least three times" - Avent

Aroid-l mailing list