Re: [Aroid-l] Which Pinellia?

  • Subject: Re: [Aroid-l] Which Pinellia?
  • From: "Abrimaal" abrimaal@wp.pl
  • Date: Wed, 28 Jun 2006 14:20:08 +0200

This is P. pedatisecta

----- Original Message ----- From: "Ken Mosher" <ken@spatulacity.com>
To: "Aroid list" <aroid-l@gizmoworks.com>
Sent: Wednesday, June 28, 2006 6:01 AM
Subject: [Aroid-l] Which Pinellia?

We've had a terribly wet Spring here in the northeast USA so I just
tilled my big garden last Thursday. (Just in time to get more rain.)
Much to my surprise I found this aroid that had been dumped out with my
old potting medium had come up after overwintering here in a cold, wet
zone 5a.

I do believe it's a Pinellia but it's not one I took photos of last year
while I was growing them - so now I'm not sure what species it is. It's
growing in full sun in normal garden loam and seems quite happy.

I know it's not P. tripartita, and I grew a limited number of species -
so maybe it's P. pedatisecta? I'd love to know...

P.S. It might not be Pinellia, I grew a lot of Typhoniums too, but I
don't think it's Typhonium.

Aroid-l mailing list

Aroid-l mailing list