Re: [Aroid-l] offset in gigas and decus-silvae

  • Subject: Re: [Aroid-l] offset in gigas and decus-silvae
  • From: Ronmchatton@aol.com
  • Date: Thu, 29 Jun 2006 08:33:59 EDT

Not to my knowledge.

We have around 500 decus-silvae here ranging from 5-7cm diameter up to around 30cm and I've never seen evidence of offsets.  In several plants raised from seed, we've had multiple petioles develop on the second or third leaf but in every case it was due to activation of accessory eyes on the corm rim after the apically dominant center bud rotted out.

We have fewer gigas but in a similar size range and also with no evidence of offset formation.

Ron McHatton
Central Florida
Zone 9