Re: [Aroid-l] Re: Is this a Epipremnum?

  • Subject: Re: [Aroid-l] Re: Is this a Epipremnum?
  • From: "Peter Boyce" <botanist@malesiana.com>
  • Date: Thu, 7 Jun 2007 17:04:21 +0800

Hi Calvin,

This is indeed a juvenile; mature E. giganteum produces a stiff but thin-textured surf-board-sized leaf from a vine that I have seen on several occasions reaching the canopy of 40 m + dipterocarps, descending to the ground and the reaching the canopy of another 40 m + tree. Truly gitgantic!; Rhaphidophora megaphylla gets still larger...