Re: RE: RE: [Aroid-l] Id please: Anthurium tissumi ???

  • Subject: Re: RE: RE: [Aroid-l] Id please: Anthurium tissumi ???
  • From: Baumfarn Webmaster <webmaster@baumfarn.at>
  • Date: Tue, 12 Jun 2007 22:52:25 +0200

Hi,
I researched the fair exhibitior and found him: http://www.bromelia.cz/
He wrote for me on a piece of paper the name of the plant: Anthurium tissumi.

Here is a full sized pic: http://rapidshare.com/files/36777185/A._tissumi_0003_copy.jpg.html

Peter

Tom Croat wrote:

Peter:

            Sorry, I forgot to mention cataphylls.  These are the little bract-like structures from which the new leaf emerges.  They may fall off after the new leaf emerges but more likely they are persistent as fibers, remaining attached to the stem.

Tom

Tom Croat, P. A. Schulze Curator of Botany

Missouri Botanical Garden

Box 299, St. Louis, Missouri 63116

(314) 577-5163

Thomas.Croat@mobot.org