Re: [Aroid-l] Re: Anthurium superbum

  • Subject: Re: [Aroid-l] Re: Anthurium superbum
  • From: George Yao <gcyao@mydestiny.net>
  • Date: Sun, 24 Jun 2007 22:09:53 +0800

Windy,

Thank you very much for the photos. I will see my friend soon and these will give us something to talk about.

George

At 6/24/2007 04:18 AM, you wrote:

George,
I went through my past images of our Superbum to see if I had any with the spadix showing it in a receptive 'mood'.  Unfortunately, I came up empty, but I am including some images of the spadix in different stages and thought maybe this would be of interest to some of the Aroiders.  Superbum goes through the best color changes as it become fertile and produces seed.  Note the white seed capsules.  When ripe they change again, to a slight pink blush.

I am as far from an expert as you can get, just someone who gets 'lucky' every so often and enjoys growing Anthurium species.

Windy

Checked by AVG Free Edition.