[Aroid-l] list protocol

hi steve -

thanks for protecting the list archive, and thanks for the
reassurance that's it's protected.

regarding my other point, asking that others quote only the portion
of a previous post that interests them (rather than just hitting
reply), i do appreciate  that you are already offering your caution

"When replying, please edit your Subject line so it is more specific"

i do understand that expanding this to a bunch of rules might be
annoying. yet, i still find the messages hard to parse. which part is
the new message? which part is an old  message being quoted?

even replying to your post puzzled me. i usually put replies above
the message i quote; you replied to me below my message (actually you
quoted me in the body of your reply, but at the top of the body). do
i put my reply to you above or below your message?

i'm not fussy. i just can't figure out who wrote what when on many of
the threads.

best,

john

    1. Re: list protocol (Steve Marak)

On Thu, 28 Jun 2007, john s smolowe wrote:

> 2) to the list manager: is it possible not to list our email addresses
> with the posts? i am happy to give any aroid-l member my email
> address, but i do not want to give my email address to the spammers
> who harvest addresses from forums.

Only Aroid-L subscribers get our posts, and only subscribers can access
the new list archive we've started on the Gizmoworks server (although
the
Hort.net archive of Aroid-L is public!).

Of course, when you're a listowner, you just have to accept a large
daily
helping of spam as part of your e-mail diet ....

Steve

-- Steve Marak
-- samarak@gizmoworks.com