Re: message from Robbin C. Moran regarding my identification of the club mosses

  • Subject: Re: message from Robbin C. Moran regarding my identification of the club mosses
  • From: hermine <hermine@endangeredspecies.com>
  • Date: Wed, 04 Jun 2008 15:42:09 -0700

At 06:39 AM 6/4/2008, ExoticRainforest wrote:
>Leland recommended I contact Robbin C. Moran, Ph.D., Curator of
>Ferns at the New York Botanical Garden.  This is Robbin's response
>as to my identifications on both species of club moss.
>Looks like I'll be changing the genus on the second one!

I had not been to the bamboo (American Bamboo Society) website for
several months because of a tiff (atomic war) but i see that some
plants have been taken from their previous genus, placed in a new,
sometimes entirely NEWLY named Genus, and have now reverted to the
original genus as of say, 18 months ago. I am not going into the
previous history of the name prior to 18 months ago because over
decades THAT was an ugly business. What I mean is HOW IS A GIRL TO
KEEP UP WITH THIS STUPH? Between the Sansevieria Wars, the Gasteria
Wars, the Palm Wars, the Cycad Wars, the FERN WARS!  THE FERN WARS,
how can this be? and the Datura/Brugsmansia wars, I am almost out of
brain tissue.

The Ferns at the NYBG were so terrific about 40 years ago that a
person could have wept from the not having of each and every one of
them. I thought I should say that.

By the way You Exotic,  posted a picture of a philodendron with heart
shaped leaves and some orange tint, and although this is not HELPFUL
INFORMATION, i will mention that I picked up one of this in a random
fitful purchase many years ago at something like whatever was HOME
DEPOT before there was home depot...

and what of Zamiaculcas Zamiafolia, that is REALLY an aroid or what?

Aroid-L mailing list