Re: My message from Dr. Moran regarding Huperzia phlegmaria and Lycopdoium nummularifolium

  • Subject: Re: My message from Dr. Moran regarding Huperzia phlegmaria and Lycopdoium nummularifolium
  • From: brian lee <lbmkjm@yahoo.com>
  • Date: Wed, 4 Jun 2008 18:37:25 -0700 (PDT)

Dear Steve,

I agree that the basionym of Huperzia nummulariifolia;
is Lycopodium nummulariifolium.  What I have been
attempting to explain to you is that the genus often
changes with new revisions.  If you go to the IPNI
website now, it recognizes Huperzia nummulariifolia as
the current name.  That TROPICOS does not use that
name may be a matter of slower data input.  The
basionym is only the first officially accepted name
that was published....and often the genera change on
the basionyms.

--- ExoticRainforest <Steve@ExoticRainforest.com>