Re: Fw: Schismatoglottis species

  • Subject: Re: Fw: Schismatoglottis species
  • From: brian lee <lbmkjm@yahoo.com>
  • Date: Fri, 20 Jun 2008 19:07:08 -0700 (PDT)

Dear Peter,

Aloha and thank you for resending the image.

Not only is this species( Schismatoglottis corneri) large, it is very attractive.  The impressed venation is beautiful.  What is the phenology of this species, regarding the death( or not) of the post-flowering/ fruiting stem?  What group is this species allied to?  I saw the list of described species, which is large...and I know there are many un-described species from your recent communications.

At convenient intervals, could you send images of various Schismatoglottis to teach the forum about their diversity?  The dearth of information and images is almost unbearable to the curious mind.

You will never know precisely how grateful I am to listen to your discussions.

Aloha,

Leland