Re: Is this a Caladium? Something else?

  • Subject: Re: Is this a Caladium? Something else?
  • From: <pbunch@cox.net>
  • Date: Wed, 3 Jun 2009 13:50:23 -0700

Elizabeth:

I see a lot of very similar plants here in Medellin. I also have seen similar plants growing in disturbed areas down near Remdios in the Department of  Antioquia. There seems to be a fair amount of variation in leaf size. I don't know if it is genetic or the result of soil and moisture conditions. The markings vary a lot in size, number and color so there seems to be a genetic component.

Probably not much help but I also have noticed the same or a similar plant. I sure think Caladium when I see it.

Phil
Medellin