Re: Alocasia brancifolia/Alocasia nishihiri

  • Subject: Re: Alocasia brancifolia/Alocasia nishihiri
  • From: Michael Pascall <mickpascall@hotmail.com>
  • Date: Sun, 21 Jun 2009 17:28:32 +1000

I think it is just one of the many forms of brancifolia , maybe from some altitude thus the cold tolerance.

Michael Pascall,

Date: Wed, 17 Jun 2009 08:30:25 -0700
From: skinnychick2@yahoo.com
To: aroid-l@gizmoworks.com
Subject: [Aroid-l] Alocasia brancifolia/Alocasia nishihiri

This is one for the Alocasia experts:

Can anyone tell me the difference, if any, between Alocasia brancifolia and Alocasia nishihiri?  Are they simply the same plant with two different names, or two separate, but similar, plants?  Or has one name now replaced the other?  Please help!
Thank you!

Leslie Georgeson

Make ninemsn your homepage! Get the latest news, goss and sport