additions for the Aroid hardiness list

  • Subject: additions for the Aroid hardiness list
  • From: "Alan Galloway" <alan_galloway@bellsouth.net>
  • Date: Wed, 24 Jun 2009 21:16:38 -0400

I've been testing the following aroids outside in the garden (Raleigh, NC,
USA),
USDA zone 7b.  Some have been planted out for as long as 6 years, while
others have only been outside for 3 years.  But given the winter we just
had,
I feel reasonably comfortable that they can be considered cold hardy.

Other folks may have already discovered these to by cold hardy, but they
currently
aren't listed on the IAS aroid hardiness list:
http://aroid.org/horticulture/hardy.php

Amorphophallus:
    henryi
    yuloensis