Re: Aroid leaf regeneration??

  • Subject: Re: Aroid leaf regeneration??
  • From: "Marek Argent" <abri1973@wp.pl>
  • Date: Thu, 17 Jun 2010 00:38:34 +0200

Dear Steve,

While Zamioculcas develops bulbils at the base of the leaflets, Pinellia ternata produces them on petioles during the growth season. When the season ends, the bulbils fall on the ground like seeds. This species also forms bulbils at the top of the leaves (like Amorphophallus bulbifer and some other species). If a leaf of P. ternata becomes broken at the ground level, the leaf can root again from the bulbil.

I propagated experimentally Zamioculcas from leaflets, but it took more than 2 years until the plant reached reasonable measures, is it normal or too long?

Best,
Marek Argent