Julius Boos and Tricia Frank

One of the only two surviving founders of the International Aroid Society, Tricia Frank, died last night after a long bout with pancreatic cancer.  This is a major loss to the IAS.

I spoke briefly with Julius Boos yesterday who also has been fighting pancreatic cancer for one year and he has never sounded so very weak. He is also in a hospice at this time.  Julius is one of the most knowledgeable and highly respected members of the IAS and if you've ever read much in the archives of Aroid l or more than one page on my website you have found he has made thousands of posts and I quote him often.

About 30 minutes ago Julius called me to tell me he felt worse today and just wanted to talk.  His voice was much weaker than yesterday and I had to listen very carefully to understand what he was trying to convey.  We talked for close to 5 minutes which is the longest time I've been on the phone with him in more than a month.  He says he has trouble eating, is extremely weak and was obviously depressed.

Please keep both of these great aroiders and friends in your thoughts.  Our community will greatly miss Tricia and we only wish the best to Julius in his struggle with this horrible condition that has affected them both.

Steve
www.ExoticRainforest.com

begin:vcard
fn:Steve  Lucas