> Date: Fri, 17 Jun 2011 07:24:45 +0200
> Subject: Re: [Aroid-l] Amorphophallus ID please
> From: Michael Pascall <mickpascall@hotmail.com>
> To: <aroid-l@www.gizmoworks.com>

Why do you say it's not paeoniifolius ?  note ii ..
some spp. have several different  forms of coloured stems .
you will have to wait until it flowers before doubting ..
It could possibly be a hybrid if it was seed .

Michael Pascall,

Date: Thu, 16 Jun 2011 15:39:54 +0200
To: aroid-l@gizmoworks.com
From: StroWi@t-online.de
Subject: [Aroid-l] Amorphophallus ID please

would somebody recognise the species from the attached pictures?

The basic colour of the petiole is variable from green to reddish, but it always has the big white spots.

The seeds were bought in spring via ebay from the seller squeaky-buffalo as paeonifolius, it's obviously not paeonifolius.

Or could it be the paeonifolius with the smooth "stem"? (I guess not.....)

Happy id-ing,