Edible aroids - seed

Hi all,

As part of my research on crop domestication, I'm studying seed size in a number of root crops. As such, I'm interested in getting hold of true seed (not tubers) of edible aroids, including both the cultivated forms and their wild progenitors. Taro (Colocasia esculenta) is first on my list, but I'd also be interested in giant taro (Alocasia macrorrhizos), swamp taro (Cyrtosperma merkusii), new cocoyam (Xanthosoma spp.) and elephant foot yam (Amorphophallus paeonifolius).

The major seed banks either don't have these species, or don't have seed for them. If anyone has true seed of any of these species, or can suggest contacts who might, please get in touch with me.

Thanks for your time,
Thomas Kluyver

PhD Student
University of Sheffield, UK