Re: African aroids?

  • Subject: Re: African aroids?
  • From: "Marek Argent" <abri1973@wp.pl>
  • Date: Tue, 25 Jun 2013 21:13:41 +0200

Hello,

The Mediterranean aroids are usually not counted as African (see the uberlist) at www.aroid.org
I have (or had (or had had :) )) several species.
Still growing 2 spp. of Anubias, Nephthytis afzelii (in fruit, soon seeds), Zamioculcas zamiifolia, Zantedeschia aethiopica and many Zant. cultivars.
I had Anchomanes difformis but the tuber died and some more Anubias that I didn't know how to cultivate them.
I'm looking for Callopsis volkensii and other small (not exceeding 1m of height) species - Arophyton, Carlephyton, Amorphophallus, Arisaema (native to Africa, if any exist, not Asian spp. naturalized there), also species of Arum, Biarum, Arisarum, Ambrosina. I already have Arum hygrophilum (only one tuber).

Regards,
Marek Argent