Re: African aroids?

  • Subject: Re: African aroids?
  • From: "D. Christopher Rogers" <branchiopod@gmail.com>
  • Date: Wed, 26 Jun 2013 09:49:20 -0500

Dear Peter,

Thanks for the update! It would be good to see your Arum book revised. It is a good book, and I still use it today.

Happy days!
Christopher

On Tue, Jun 25, 2013 at 7:26 PM, Peter Boyce <phymatarum@gmail.com> wrote:

Christopher,

Sadly never in the format in which it first appeared, but certainly there are quite a lot of changes that would justify a new edition in some form or other. The most pressing is the resurrection of Gymnomesium for Arum pictum, a “split” that now has overwhelming molecular support to bolster the already pretty convincing morphology. Then the Arum orientale “mob” requires resurrections (A. melanopus, A. besserianum), and one new species courtesy of Alan Galloway. In subgenus Arum Arum amoenum needs removal from A. maculatum, A. albispathum from A. italicum, and A. nickelii from A. concinnatum.

Peter