Re: Amorph Konjac

Dana,

My konjac's are usually the last to emerge in my Amorphophallus farm, and
I have always suspected this was the case because konjac is the "least
tropical" of my plants. I don't believe konjac particularly cares for
this hot and steamy south Florida weather.

Your note said you had the tuber planted in a 6 inch pot, but you did not
say how large the tuber is. My potting technique usually calls for a
container diameter that is a minimum of 3 times the diameter of the tuber.

You mentioned the use of "potting soil". The word "soil" to me means
"dirt". You should be planting in a loamy planting medium that does not
collect and hold water.

Don