Re: incredible dracunculus

Doug Burdic wrote:

> I must have some type of 'Daffodil Mart Odorless' clone, since mine have
> bloomed two years in a row now and really don't have any detectable
> odor. Maybe it has something to do with the media they're grown in?  I
> doubt it, but it is puzzling. Now...Helicodiceros...here's a plant whose
> bloom could literally 'wake the dead'.
>
> Take Care,
>
> Doug (who is wondering why his Dracunculus flowers are odorously
> challenged)

> Bob Burns wrote:
> >
> >             Stacy-Are you ready to put up with
> > something that stinks to high heaven? The bloom is
> > spectacular, but I'd go back to the nursery and get a
> > whiff, if the thing is still in bloom.  Maybe plant it
> > somewhere you can see from a distance!  I had people
> > complaining about mine a full sixty feet away.
> >     In any case, maybe someone on the list has more
> > than they want, and can part with some!
> >                  Bob Burns
Bob I have a large number of Dracunculas growing on my fence lines,last
year one of my neighbours rang the local health inspectors,he complained
that there was something dead in my place.LOL I never told them what it
was .I understand that removal of the pistol will take care of the
problem ,in the meantime the place is for sale and I am moving ,with my
bulbs to a bigger property ,and no neighbours ,
regards to all.
Paul in New Zealand ,mid winter and aroids shooting .