Re: incredible dracunculus

In a message dated 6/11/99, 1:12:53 PM, aroid-l@mobot.org writes:
<< But be it noted that aroids
(of which I've several) don't seem to ever be victims
of the deer at all, and most of mine are outside this
fence.  Does anyone concur, or duspute?>>

For the most part, I concur.  The only time I have seen our native Lysichitum
americanus chewed up by deer was on an island with too many deer, where
everything except stinging nettle was heavily browsed and still the deer
looked bony.  (English holly looked as if it had been repeatedly sheared.)
So unless you live on a similar island, I suspect deer will not mess with
your aroids.