No Subject

Hello Everybody:
I joined this list to learn more about these plants. So far I have been
learning a lot, and sometimes I laugh about the deer problem....I am
from Guadalajara, Mexico, Spanish speaking and trying my best in
English. So this is a question for all of you!
I was given a couple of years ago, a bulb (redish brown) with no name or
instructions in how to care for it....I found myself a pot to put it,
but to my surprise the bulb was growing so fast...and suddenly gave me
the most beautiful but strange looking flower, with a strange smell
also, (not to stinky) I had a parade of relatives and neighbors wanting
to see "My master piece".....I consulted gardening books in Spanish with
no result....so I said to myself, "one day I will find out, what's the
name of my bulb"....and I guess after to much hesitation in my side, and
learning first to deal with this electronic box, I found this list, and
here I am....asking this question to people that knows so much about
this matter.
Also I would like to know where can I buy bulbs, seeds in USA.... not
delivered to Mexico ofcourse, but to a California (USA) address of a
friend of mine, that has told me to use it for my "plant adventure"
I sincerely thank all of you in advance.....
Genny, from Guadalajara, Mexico