Re: Pseudohydrosme gabunensis

> Dear Aroiders,
> I am looking for photos, informations on distribution and any descriptions
> of Pseudohydrosme gabunensis. Can anyone help me?
> Kind regards
> Marcin Wielicki

Hi Marcin,

Have just been in the library browsing through Exotica
volumes 1 and 2.  Huge, fat, heavy books..do you know them  ?
There are pictures of the plant on pages 228 and 303 and some text
which states.................
native to Equatorial Africa and Gabon, fleshy tuber with 25cm chalice
like inflorescence, bright yellow with red-purple inside.
Dissected leaf appears after flowering.
Cultivation......min.62F (16C), filtered light, evenly moist soil
kept dryer when dormant.

As Victor said this is one great looking aroid. Do you grow it ?

cheers,
              Rob.

Rob.McClure
Biological Sciences