Big stink in Seattle (fwd)

Just wanted to let the group know that we are about to experience our
first flowering of Amorphophallus titanum . The press has gotten "wind" of
it and the whole neighborhood is excited. I do not know when it will open,
it now stands 148cm tall, and the spadix is turning from yellow to a plum
color.  Cheers,   Doug

Doug Ewing, Greenhouse Manager (206) 543-0436
Department of Botany
University of Washington
Box 355325
Seattle, WA   98195-5325