Re: white flowering peltandra

I'm pretty sure there is only one 'white peltandra'
and I know it as P. sagittifolia.  It grows wild at
least in South Georgia.  I haven't found it yet where
I live in Central GA now, but don't live near any
sizeable floodplain forest or wetlands.  Maybe some
other Southerner on this list has some in his swamp
that they could send you?
                 --Bob Burns--
--- Gabe Thomas <CDANIELLE@prodigy.net> wrote:
> Hello to All,
>     Can anyone out there tell me about the white
> flowering Peltandras,
> particularly where I can get one. I have two books
> that list a white
> flowering Peltandra one calling it P. alba and the
> other P. sagittifolia.
> Are these the same plant? P. virginica with a green
> flower can be found most
> places that sell aquatic garden plants. This leads
> me to believe the white
> ones must be difficult to cultivate. Any ideas?
> Thanks,
> Gabe Thomas
> zone 8
> cdanielle@prodigy.net