Re: Anthurium splendidum

Donna,

The plant Rick collected in the Choco is the good named Splendidum. The
gorgeous thing we love and has been around since found in a collection if
Florida years ago is luxuriens. The source of this one died with the
collector many years ago. Dewey could add to this one since he was in on the
deal. Maybe we can entice him to tell us the neat story of the deal. A.
corrugatum is a high altitude thing usually, but there is a low altitude one
that some of you have in Florida and Banta has, and Dewey has, and a few
others including Fairchild. The true splendidum that Rick found looks like a
miniature corrugatum with that rough texture, but it is very tender to say
the least.

Still confused? Ask again, maybe I can do better next time.

Betsy