Colocasia kotoensis

It occurs to me...

Since I have never seen this species mentioned in English-language literature
(indeed, had never heard of it until already preparing to go to Taiwan), I
now-and-then wonder whether any specimens exist in cultivation in the Western
world.  As I work on my (hopeful) Aroideana article on Colocasia kotoensis
(and await news re: the identity of the pollinators I collected), I wonder
whether any collections in the West would be interested enough to fund an
expedition.  I know where it grows and how to get there, but I lack any
import/export documents.

I know, I'm just idly dreaming....

Jason Hernandez