Pink flowered Spathiphyllum

  • To: Multiple recipients of list AROID-L <aroid-l@mobot.org>
  • Subject: Pink flowered Spathiphyllum
  • From: "Ron Iles" <roniles@eircom.net>
  • Date: Thu, 29 Mar 2001 10:53:47 -0600 (CST)

This is not a sequel to the stampedes for the multisplendoured Suwanee
leprechaun and the only known variegated Travellers Fan.    However, I wish
the leprechaun and the Fan all the very best and hope both can be tissue
cultured and have un-naturally bright grandchildren.

There is rumour of a PINK FLOWERED Spathiphyllum in Central America.    If
it exists, perhaps like the Suwanee leprechaun, it may not be what one
thinks at all but another plant kind strayed from its childhood home.   Lest
anyone should come looking I report also that Spathiphyllum is not wild in
rain blessed Ireland but this may not be the case within a few ozone rich
years.   Then, the Isle is no longer Emerald,  anything but green
leprechauns and Fans may be so common that they do not causestampedes.

Since most Spathiphyllums look much the same dressed in their obvious green
and white, a new fashion could be desirable.    Has anyone SEEN a pink
flowered Peace Lily, a Spathiphyllum I mean?

Best Wishes to all other Greens

Ron of the Green Isle