Re: Solved planting depth for A. henryi--thanks!

  • Subject: Re: Solved planting depth for A. henryi--thanks!
  • From: "Michael Pascall" <mickpascall@hotmail.com>
  • Date: Sat, 9 Mar 2002 23:25:57 -0600 (CST)

This sp. is a very slow germinator . I have got seed 2 years running now
from plants grown from seed ex. Wilbert in '96 . Seed was collected late Dec
in 2000 , sown mid Jan '01 , and no sign of sprouts until Sept.
This year I left most fruit on the plant , just to see how long it would
last . It held on for over 6 weeks !
Amd many berries were still firm when the stem collapsed . These seeds have
been sown and I have yet to se any sprout .

Michael Pascall,