Help with Amorphophallus & Sauromatum

  • Subject: Help with Amorphophallus & Sauromatum
  • From: Peter Postlewaite <ppostlewaite@yahoo.com>
  • Date: Fri, 22 Mar 2002 09:06:14 -0600 (CST)

I was recently given corms for Amorphophallus konjac
(aka A. riveiri) and Sauromatum guttatum (aka S.
venosum, Typhonium venosum).  I plan to grow them
outdoors.  I have done searches on the web, and it
appears that they are not difficult to grow.  I would
appreciate helpful hints from individuals who have
experience growing theses Aroids.    In what zones are
they hardy enough to be left in the ground over
winter?  I know that they are not hardy in my zone 5
garden, but I will be sharing them with people in
zones 6 and 7.  Thanks in advance.

Pete Postlewaite

Do You Yahoo!?