Re: All shingle plants?

  • Subject: Re: All shingle plants?
  • From: "brian williams" <pugturd50@hotmail.com>
  • Date: Fri, 22 Mar 2002 22:14:02 -0600 (CST)

I believe most of the hoyas are permanent shingle type leafs. Some produce
both leafs at the sometime in growth. The other leafs are used for ant
homes.

As for the liverworts I think they would be considered shingle plants. I
would not mind trying a few that had that growth habit. I don't know for
sure if they would be considered a Shingle plants maybe a shingle fungus?

The other plant family's that are shingle forms are Aroids, Hoyas,
Marcgravia, Ficus, Dischidia

I am looking for forms of aroids Rhapidophora korthalsii, and other species
of Rhapidophora as well as Pedicellarum, Pothos species, Scindapsus, Also
these two are ones I have never seen but would love to get. Culcasia species
and Philodendron hederaceum which both have this shingle growth habit. So I
thank anyone with info on how to get these I listed let me know if
interested in trade or I am willing to buy. THANKS