Re: All shingle plants - Hoyas, a bit off Aroid subject.

  • Subject: Re: All shingle plants - Hoyas, a bit off Aroid subject.
  • From: "Clarence Hammer" <chammer@cfl.rr.com>
  • Date: Sat, 23 Mar 2002 21:20:13 -0600 (CST)

I consider 'shingle' type leaves to be those that have very close internodes
and lay flat on the surface the
plant is growing on.  Are there Hoyas that do this??  I only know of
Dischidias in the Asclepiads that have this
growth habit, and with specialized 'balloon' leaves that I understand are
symbiotic abodes for ants.