Re: Help with Amorphophallus & Sauromatum

  • Subject: Re: Help with Amorphophallus & Sauromatum
  • From: "Celeste Whitlow" <politicalamazon@charter.net>
  • Date: Sat, 23 Mar 2002 21:21:28 -0600 (CST)

I admire everybody who is able to successfully grow aroids in the ground.
Do moles and other burrowing critters simply not like them?  I seem to lose
at least a fourth of my lily bulbs every year to predition from burrowing
critters, despite a very active cat who leaves plenty-o-critter innerds on
our carpet.

Do I have ninja moles, or what?  I am really hesitant to put my two new
(first) Amorphophallus tubers in the ground because if the moles got them,
I'm afraid my red-headed nature would overcome me, all bets would be off,
and I would call in the air strikes.

--Celeste