2 things

  • Subject: 2 things
  • From: "MJ Hatfield" <mjhatfield@oneota.org>
  • Date: Mon, 25 Mar 2002 00:03:53 -0600 (CST)

Has anyone observed skunk cabbage, Symplocarpus, flowers
in the wild, over a period of time.

Every year mine get eaten but not entirely.

The spathe gets torn apart and what appears, spit out,
in pieces. I started putting tomato cages around the
flowers which has worked in the past but this year,
whatever was still able to get to one flower.

Just curious if anyone else has observed this.

Second, I will soon have seeds of Anthurium purpureospathum
available. They germinate and grow very easily. If anyone
would like some, let me know. The plant gets pretty big
but the foliage is nice looking hanging off of a balcony.
I can send jpg if you'd like.

MJ Hatfield