Re: [aroid-l] Philo SP IDing game

  • Subject: Re: [aroid-l] Philo SP IDing game
  • From: "Jorge Lingan" <jorge_lingan@hotmail.com>
  • Date: Wed, 10 Mar 2004 20:45:11 +0000

Hi Brian,

Hmmmm.....I think this Philodendron is P. megalophyllum Schott. I have collected some specimens of them here in Peru, exactly in Tambopata and now in Oxapampa, Southern an Central area of Peru, respectively.

This species (P. megalophyllum) like to grow on rocky slopes, on the branch of many trees and in the middle of the leaves of many palms (i.e. Attalea). Generally, P. megalophyllum lives with ants....I have many accidents with them...

...I have one live plant at home...really beautifull!!!.....

Jorge Santiago Lingán Chávez
Dpto. de Gimnospermas y Monocotiledoneas
Museo de Historia Natural - UNMSM

Las mejores tiendas, los precios mas bajos, entregas en todo el mundo, YupiMSN Compras: Haz clic aquí...