Re: [Aroid-l] typhonodorum lindleyanum seeds

  • Subject: Re: [Aroid-l] typhonodorum lindleyanum seeds
  • From: "Bobby McGehe" bobbymcgehe@bellsouth.net
  • Date: Sun, 27 Mar 2005 17:10:39 -0500

Trust Julius, he knows!!!
----- Original Message ----- From: "MJ Hatfield" <mjhatfield@oneota.org>
To: <aroid-l@gizmoworks.com>
Sent: Saturday, March 26, 2005 4:48 PM

I just rec'd seeds of Typhonodorum lindleyanum. (Thank you, Thank you.) They
are planted but I have a couple of questions. Julius says to put rock or
crockery at the bottom of the pots so that the soil doesn't actually sit in
the water but rather the pot does and will wick water up. However, the
Aroideana article makes no mention of that and talks of growing the
seedlings in jars, one with some water and one with more water, roots
submerged. These seem contradictory. How should I grow them?

And just how warm should the soil be for optimum growth?

Thanks so much. I'm quite excited, now that I have a greenhouse.

MJ Hatfield
Middle of Iowa, US