Re: Initiation of Flowering in Amorphophallus

  • Subject: Re: Initiation of Flowering in Amorphophallus
  • From: "Tom Croat" <Thomas.Croat@mobot.org>
  • Date: Wed, 26 Mar 2008 12:07:27 -0500

Title: RE: [Aroid-l] Initiation of Flowering in Amorphophallus

Dear Derek:

        Thank you for your suggestions.  Peter has been talking!  He personally contacted a number of people and he really gets results!  Several people who are very familiar with how to get this done have written long detailed procedures so we are going to try these things.  If these actually work I will write up the entire process and publish it because it would be generally good for everyone.  Wilberts suggestions were the longest but the Director of the Berkeley Botanical Garden swore by his methods too, saying that they had tried everything before his method worked.

        I too am reluctant to use gibberellic acid on anything with such a large inflorescence.

Tom