launch of the Aroid forum

  • Subject: launch of the Aroid forum
  • From: Zach DuFran <zdufran@wdtinc.com>
  • Date: Wed, 9 Mar 2011 16:36:19 +0000

The IAS has decided to host an Aroid forum on the aroid.org website.  The forum is available to all members, as well as the general public, at www.aroid.org/aroidf.  IAS members can use their existing credentials (username and password) for the IAS website in order to login to the forum.  Non-members will have to register to participate on the forum and will have reduced privileges.

This forum is not meant to replace or challenge the existing aroid-l mailing list, which has a wonderful following and has been a very successful form of communication for many years.  Some people prefer forums and some people prefer mailing lists, so we are trying to accommodate members who prefer this method of communicating with one another.  In the past there have been several other Aroid forums spread around the internet, but some of those have gone away and we feel the IAS can do an excellent job of hosting this forum.

Moderation will be handled by Jason Sarine and Zach DuFran, both members of the IAS governing board. Albert Huntington will be handling administration of the site as a whole.

Upon first logging in, I encourage everyone to take a couple of moments to read the Forum Moderation Policy and The Benefits of Membership, which are posted under Society and Forum, before doing anything else.  We want the Aroid forum to be a place where people can discuss their plants and their questions in a pleasant and helpful environment.  For this reason, posts will be moderated and posts which do not follow these guidelines will be edited or removed.  Albert has put together a very nice forum, which includes many nice features for members: ability to post pictures, trade plants, and more.

If you have any questions about the forum or have difficulties logging in, please let me know.

Zach DuFran
zach@zachandchristie.com