Arum spp germination

  • Subject: Arum spp germination
  • From: "Pacific Rim" <paige@hillkeep.ca>
  • Date: Sun, 20 Mar 2011 21:05:59 -0700

Arum and Arisaema seeds of many spp., frozen for from 1-5 years, depending
on the taxon and my interest, were sown two months ago in a cool greenhouse
and are now germinating en masse.

I clean, surface-dry, chill then freeze my seeds. Not sure how those stages
should be regulated, but I have done enough side experiments to know that
sanitation and freshness are key. My problem now is that I had not
anticipated the need to transplant seedlings so soon when I assigned space
in my greenhouse. I think I will let them crowd in ther trays and pots, but
feed them up; though on the whole I would rather be in Philadephia.

Paige Woodward

Aroid-L mailing list