Re: Anth. tilarenense

At 08:34 PM 3/1/99 -0600, you wrote:
>it would be also interesting to know the shape and color of berries
>concerning Anth. tilaranense as well as number of seeds/berry and
>compare with other members of either Semaeophyllium or Calomystrium ...

David, I looked it up. In the info I have (Central America & Mexico)
Samaeos have red and purple berries with 2 seeds (4 species), and the Calys
have Red, purple,white, green, brown and yellow berries with 2 seeds per
berry (16 species). There is some mention of berry shape, but these shapes
seem to vary.

Berry color and shape number of seeds may be helpful in some sections of
anthurium (many porphys have a flattened,depressed apex on the berry) buy
you can see berry color and number of seeds is not very helpful in
seperating Semaeos and Calys.