Re: Symplocarpus

Hi Deborah:

>Does anybody know where I might be able to get some seeds of Symplocarpus
>foetidus

I have two S. foetidus in my garden that may be of an age to bloom this
year. If they do and set seed, I will gladly make some available to you, if
you are still in need of the seed at that time.

Here, in Maritime Canada, my friends and neighbours are quite bemused that
I chose to use two of these plants for "statement" plantings as the thing
is considered by most as an unhappy and unfortunate choice for an
ornamental garden.  :)  I, on the other hand, think that the Eastern Skunk
Cabbage is unique and has a beauty all its own. I understand your longing
for this plant and I appreciate it: we aroiders often march to a different
drummer, much to the chagrin and, sometimes, discomfort of those who know
us, especially during Amorphophallus blooming times. 8-o

>I have lots of seeds that I would be only to happy to ply you with if you
>can spare me a couple of this 'beauty(?)'!
>
>Best wishes
>
>Deborah (Co. Limerick, Ireland)

Kind Regards,

Rand

Rand Nicholson <writserv@nbnet.nb.ca>
Maritime New Brunswick, Canada, Zone 5 ...,today
The Great White North