Re: plastic plant labels

In a message dated 3/29/99 9:49:42 PM Eastern Standard Time,
lkallus@earthlink.net writes:

 Garden centers frequently use plastic labels roughly 1/2 - 3/4 inch wide
 and anywhere from 4 to 6 inches long with a pointed end on the bottom and a
 rounded end on the top.  I've managed to borrow them or recycle them.  But
 a local garden center is selling them for 3, 4 and 5 cents per label.
 Something tells me I could do better than that.
 Does anyone know of a source for purchasing a box of these?

     I get mine at Macore Company.  The ones I get are 5/8" x 5". They carry
two grades of vinyl.  I get the better grade (PVC 20) as they are supposed to
last indefinitely.  I believe the cost is around $15.00 per thousand.  They
take credit cards so are very easy to order from.

Macore Company, Inc.
P.O. Box 338 / 354 4th Street
Lafayette. Oregon 97127
(503) 854-2204  (800) 331-9555