Re: plastic plant labels

Judy wrote about the imperfections of all these options we've been batting around.
This reminded me of an old friend of mine who used to be one of the greatest
Nepenthes growers this side of Kalimantan.  His labels were all in his head.  He
could pick up each unlabeled pot in his greenhouse and identify it by species,
cultivar, mountain range & acre of origin, name of collector, year of collection,
accession number at this or that botanic garden, cultivation minutiae, and probably
the maiden name of the mother of the USDA inspector who admitted it into the
country.  Which in turn reminded me of something Stan Getz said:  "All my life I've
been trying to find the mouthpiece.  You look for the rainbow in the sky but you
never find it. ... It's not the mouthpiece, it's you. It's in your head."  As for me
I need labels, and I'm stopping at the Dollar Store tonight.

 - Walter G.