Re: Fw: Anthurium seedlings & fungicides

  • To: Multiple recipients of list AROID-L <aroid-l@mobot.org>
  • Subject: Re: Fw: Anthurium seedlings & fungicides
  • From: Denis <denis@skg.com>
  • Date: Mon, 1 May 2000 18:43:56 -0500 (CDT)

I've never stopped to consider what percent of Hydrogen peroxide I
actually end up with when I mix the zerotol material in water. I am
using the medium rate as recommended by the Manufacturer, Biosafe
Systems,[to be found at  <biosafesystems.com> on the net], which is
approximately 1.25 ounces of a 27% solution of Hydrogen dioxide
(Zerotol) to 132 ounces(one gallon) of water. By my calculations  it is
approximately a  0.26 % solution, less than one tenth of a 3% solution.
Maybe my calculations are not correct. I would think that it is possible
that 3% might be to strong and could posssibly kill the plants as well
as disinfecting the rooting media.

Denis at Silver Krome Gardens.