Re: identity of the dwarf Monstera deliciosa

  • To: Multiple recipients of list AROID-L <aroid-l@mobot.org>
  • Subject: Re: identity of the dwarf Monstera deliciosa
  • From: "Julius Boos" <ju-bo@email.msn.com>
  • Date: Tue, 30 May 2000 17:26:14 -0500 (CDT)

-----Original Message-----
From: Peter Boyce <Boyce@pothos.demon.co.uk>
To: Multiple recipients of list AROID-L <aroid-l@mobot.org>
Date: Sunday, May 28, 2000 5:24 PM

Dear Pete and Friends,

I`m JUST back from a few days in Fr. Guyana, so am not 'up' on this
discussion, but have read where you ID the 'Dwarf' Monstera deliciosa as a
Raphidophora from Malasia.   There is, however, a small ('Dwarf'?) true form
of varigated Monstera deliciosa  around in collections here in Florida, the
leaves are about 6"-8" in Dia., and it seems to have more of a climbing
habit and has longer internodes than the 'regular' Monstera deliciosa.
Which one are we refering to?   Hermine seems to have the 'true' one.

>Betsy, Hermine and others

I've only recently been lucky enough to study flowering material of the
'dwarf Monstera deliciosa' in Munich B.G. so it's new info.