Re: Perfumes of Heaven and Hell

  • Subject: Re: Perfumes of Heaven and Hell
  • From: "Ron Iles" <roniles@eircom.net>
  • Date: Tue, 1 May 2001 09:30:00 -0500 (CDT)

Thank you Jay!

Don't blame my misfortunes on Irish DNA.  I'm English probably from Cave
Men French Ancestors!

Your two liner brought me to red alert.
Spathiphyllum BEDEVILLED?  You got THAT many!  Wonderful!   How many kinds?
Maybe I needn't
give up Spathiphyllum and collect Amorphophallus after all?    Is it
possible to send any with or without health certificate at cost to me either
buy or exchange?  (Would need to know what so I could get SPECIAL import
permit)  Is it safe to wild collect and bring back in your (dangerous?)
country?    I am getting a number of messages that Central and South America
and elsewhere are "no-go" for getting wild material, so residents like
yourself are SO important.   Obviously Spaths are Tropical American apart
from two species so big big problem to get authentic wild.  Maybe I need to
forget the idealism and go back to dreaming?   When I go to SE Asia inc Sri
Lanka maybe, what do you need?

This year I AM travelling in the Tropics.  The problem is to know WHERE is
reasonable safe with HUMANS and what is of interest.
Lonely Planet is interesting but not detailed for collectors and
exporters!  Can any Aroid L Collectors advise or dissuade PLEASE?   I have
to plan
itineraries soonest so friends you would be VERY appreciated!  Just WHERE is
adventurious safe and WONDERFUL?
My best wishes

Ron Iles