Re: Philodendron identification question.

  • Subject: Re: Philodendron identification question.
  • From: "Julius Boos" <ju-bo@msn.com>
  • Date: Wed, 1 May 2002 09:45:55 -0500 (CDT)

----- Original Message -----
From: Neil Crafter <golfstra@senet.com.au>
To: Multiple recipients of list AROID-L <aroid-l@mobot.org>
Sent: Tuesday, April 30, 2002 10:27 PM

Just a note from a 'non-Philo.' person---a couple years ago I was asked by a
friend who owns a BIG commercial nursery to help ID a beautiful Philo. that
he had lots of plants of, someone had collected in E. Ecuador.   I sent
photos to Dr. Tom Croat at MOBOT, and he very kindly I.D.`d it as the
species being discussed!    The name of the Nursery is 'Boynton Botanicals',
Mike is the owner.

Philodendron pastazanum (K.Krause) is a true species and the name is
This plant is featured in the new book on the Tropical Plants of R.Burle
There is a description and photograph there. From the photograph it looks
much like a plant I have that came from Michael Pascall and labelled as
P.plowmanii. Michael - any comments? Do you have this book? Its well worth
having as it has a big section on Philos, some 56 pages.
Neil Crafter
Adelaide, Australia.