Re: Zantedeschia availability??

  • Subject: Re: Zantedeschia availability??
  • From: Paul Tyerman <ptyerman@ozemail.com.au>
  • Date: Thu, 2 May 2002 10:46:31 -0500 (CDT)

Julius,

Zantedeschia aethopica grows so well wet and warm that it is regarded as a
noxious weed in many parts of Australia.  It colonises coastal waterways in
many parts of Aus and can become quite a pest.  I do not know what you mean
by "warm" but I am talking places that in many cases never get even close
to a frost, let alone actually getting one.  These tend to grow in the
swampy conditions on waterway edges.

I would assume that the varieties we have here in Australia are nothing
particularly uncommon, so I figure you should be easily able to get a warm
and wet variety for your friend.

I hope this is of some help.

Cheers.

Paul Tyerman
mailto:ptyerman@ozemail.com.au

Growing.... Galanthus, Erythroniums, Fritillarias, Cyclamen, Crocus,
Cyrtanthus, Liliums, Hellebores, Aroids, Irises plus just about anything
else that doesn't move!!!!!